ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT CELL
Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) is established for enhancing the students towards Entrepreneurship. This cell is intended to organize various initiatives, activities and programmes to create awareness and knowledge about Entrepreneurship and try turning them into probable entrepreneurs. Organizing such EDC in institution makes an effective contribution to student’s fraternity and contribution towards social needs.
VISION OF EDC
Producing successful entrepreneurs imbibed with leadership qualities using innovative and ethical business practices to make global impact To seek a thriving and sustainable regional economy driven by innovative local entrepreneurs and a competitive start-up ecosystem.
MISSION OF EDC
- Instill the passion and spirit among students to pursue entrepreneurship.
- To provide relevant, timely and targeted support for early stage technology-oriented companies in the creation of quality, high-paying jobs.
Long Term Goals (5 Years)
- Motivate students to develop their own startups.
- Develop business incubators.
- Create corpus fund to seed ventures.
Short Term Goals (2 Years)
- To provide a platform for interaction with entrepreneurs.
- Impart entrepreneurial education/skills amongst students through various trainings and exercise.
- Arrange vibrant interaction with organizations promoting the cause of entrepreneurship..
OBJECTIVES OF EDC
- Create awareness on Entrepreneurship among the students through training programmes and camps.
- To identify and motivate budding entrepreneurs
- To facilitate budding entrepreneurs by providing information on entrepreneurial opportunities.
- To create data base and networking to help entrepreneurs.
- To assist entrepreneurs in product development.
- To help entrepreneurs to acquire necessary managerial skills to run the industry effectively. To act as a better linkage between the College, Industries and R&D institutions in the region and other related organizations engaged in promoting Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) including NGOs and other Voluntary Organization.
- To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support system, information on technologies, etc.
- To arrange visits to industries for prospective entrepreneurs.
- To provide testing, calibration, quality assurance, design, tool room, pilot plant and other facilities for entrepreneurs besides expertise in intellectual property rights, patents search, etc.
- To act as a Regional Information Centre on business opportunities, processes, technologies, market.etc. by creating and maintaining relevant databases.
- To organize guest lectures, TV & Radio talks, Seminars, various competition Events etc. for promotion and growth of Science and Technology based entrepreneurship.
1 / 3
Entrepreneurship Development Cell
1 / 3