OBC CELL has been emerged to create awareness on issues of discrimination and grievances arising out of disputes concerning OBC students. The Cell is also actively participating in various schemes announced by the State and Central government for the students.
The OBC CELL in the college was established with the purpose to empower the OBC students. The college takes special interest in facilitating financial support to students from these communities from government agencies and other sources. The cell is always engaged to solve the various problems of OBC students.
- To Maintain satisfactory relationship among the students in the college and settle issues, grievances, representations etc.,
- To Explore redressal mechanisms and provisions for remedial coaching, counseling etc.,
- To Coordination of equal opportunity, welfare and other schemes including financial assistances from the government and UGC.
The committee comprises of tenmembers meets at least twice in a year and submits report to the Head of the Institution on OBC students against reservation norms, admitted in general category, complaints and references reported by the students, relationship environment, facilities for girl students, financial assistances received from the state and central governments etc.
Functions of the OBC CELL
- To aware the OBC students regarding various scholarships program of State Government and UGC.
- To take such follow up measures for achieving the objectives and targets laid down for the purpose by the Government of India and the UGC.
- To collect reports and information of State Government and UGC’s orders on various aspects of education, employment of OBC Students.
- To circulate State Government and UGC’s decisions about different scholarship programs.