ABOUT CENTRAL LIBRARY
The Central Library acts as the main learning resource centre of the Institute, which has been established in the year 2008, has a large collection of books and journals.
The Library has computerized all its operations using lips i Net Library software which is connected to the campus-wide network which enables users to search for Library resources and also to manage circulation related details.
Further, the subscription of rich variety of electronic database such as J-Gate Engineering and Technology, J-Gate Social Science and Humanities and K-Hub.in engineering e-library facilitates data collection, source identification and ensures easy accessibility to the latest information on Engineering, Technology and Management research. The Library endeavors to provide services which most effectively meet the needs of the AIT student, researchers & staff community.
LIBRARY SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- Library Resources are open access to all Patrons
- Individual attention and help to the users to locate their required resource material
- Renewal and Reservation of books
- New arrivals of learning materials is displayed in the reading hall
- Digital library and Internet Facility
- Library OPAC (Online Public Access Cataloguing Service) and WEB OPAC
- Computerized indexing of library resources with Bar Code
- Book Locator Facility
- Library orientation to First year Students / fresh members
- Collection of fiction and non-fiction books
- Followed with Standard Classification & Cataloguing of books and non book materials
- Collection of competitive exam resources (like GATE, CAT, MAT, GRE, and IELTS-TOFEL)
- Reading hall with seating capacity of 120
- Reprographic Facilities such as Document scanning and Printing
- Access to Internet, E-Books, E-journals & Educational oriented videos
- NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning) facility
- Lending of Audio and visual materials such as CDs, DVDs, and audio books
- Access to subscribed E-resources such as DELNET, J-GATE, K-HUB and NDLI
- Facilitate Inter–Library loan through DELNET-ILL (https://delnet.in/)
- Access to Civil service examination resources through Adithya IAS Academy Library
- Back Volume of Journals and Magazines
- Question Bank and solution manual of Anna University Semester Exam
- Users should scan the ID card in E- Gate Register (Placed at the entrance) once they get into the library.
- The Complete silence, dignity, and decorum should be maintained inside the Library.
- Access to Library is provided to the students by using the ID card, without which no student will be allowed to enter the library. In case of loss of card, the student must get a permission letter from the Principal/HOD.
- All the users should wear their college ID card with the rope inside the library all the time.
- Books borrowed can be retained for 15 days and should be returned to the library on or before the date stamped on the date slip, otherwise a fine of Rs. 1 per day will be collected.
- A student can keep a book for his use for a period of 14 days for the first time. It can be renewed for another 7 days. Then the book should be returned to library.
- There will be no issue of returned books on the same day. The books will be issued next day afternoon onwards.
- For the benefit of its users, library is following the Open Access System. The books, current journals, back volumes taken out the racks shall not be replaced. They should be left only on the tables. Well trained Library assistants are there to replace them in the proper places.
- Users are responsible for all the books borrowed in their account.
- Books once issued form the Library should not be carried back into the library before discharging the same at the return counter.
- Only one copy of the same title will be issued to each user.
- Underlining, scribbling, tearing of pages or any other type of mutilation of books, Magazines, Journals etc., mishandling or misuse of computers will lead to severe action and imposing of fine.
- If any book is lost by the borrower, the same book has to be replaced with a new book of current edition with the same title, author and publisher.
- Books, Periodical Back Volumes, Journals, Magazines and Projects meant for reference will be issued for overnight use only. No issues will be entertained on the last working day of the week.
- Digital library facility should not be used for any other purpose other than browsing of journals and study materials related to curriculum.
- Personal belongings such as book, bags, files etc., should not be brought into the library. Only small pads or loose sheets are allowed to be carried inside the library.
8.30 A.M TO 7.30 P.M (All working days)